Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend and Trying to Work

It's Memorial Day Weekend and too beautiful outside to stay in and bead. but I've got so many jewelry projects on my desk that need to be finished. I've made the mistake of taking my supplies out to my backyard to work there which was fine until the first strong breeze came along and swoosh, pearls, crystals, jumprings, headpins, scattered all over the deck. So I"m stuck inside.

These are some items on my desk that I hope will get me going. Gorgeous chalcedony which I've had for awhile but haven't used. Someone should be wearing these colors now; they're so summery and go with everything. I think I just got an idea.
One of my bead boxes is filled with Chinese crystal that I got at a bead show in NYC. I have so many colors to choose from that sometimes the selection gets a bit overwhelming. But I love looking at the box filled with all of these beauties.
I invested in some new jewelers tools and wow, what a difference they make.. These are by Lindstrom, made in Sweden, and are considered the Cadillac, Mercedes (fill in your own analogy) of tools. These are by far the best purchase I made. Plus I'm told I'll have them for life. Skeptical, but we'll see.The rest of them are from when I just started out beading and are good old workhorses.
Anyway, I'll think of a good compromise that will keep me outside and finish my projects. And my next post will be about my new website that's under construction. Can't wait to share.

No comments: