Thursday, June 17, 2010

Follow Up on the Plan

After experimenting with different silver findings for the unfinished bracelet I wrote about in my last post (see below), something was bothering me. The silver was just sticking out too much and didn't seem to coordinate well with the colors in the bracelet.Of course, I hadn't thought about finishing the piece until it was time to finish the piece which is the way I always do things but it's also a major time-waster.


Then it struck me. Bronze. It makes so much sense. Perfect. The bronze works really well with the acrylic flowers and pearls; giving it a vintage feel which I love.

I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out, and even made earrings to coordinate (not match as I'm not the matchy matchy type). My whole point here is that you don't always have to have a plan in mind when starting a new design. Sometimes you just need to step away, clear your mind, and then the ideas start flowing. Do you plan your designs in advance or do you just wing it? I'd love to know.

No comments: